My team and I put together 8 Shadow Work Journaling Prompts to help you support your light within your shadows. First, below are three introspective quotes I would like for you to ponder.
Shadow Work Quotes to Ponder
I disagree with Jung when he says the Shadow is the person we’d rather not be. The Shadow is that unadorned part of ourselves. It is flexible in the way it stretches and contorts. The Shadow is our dark side, the side we hide and climb into, not the person we would rather not be, but the person we would rather be.Chloe Thurlow
Your Shadow is a dark omen, an influential teacher that reveals to you the places in your life where you are energetically blocked. When you ignore these signs, you perpetuate the cycle of your suffering.Mateo Sol
The shadow is needed now more than ever. We heal the world when we heal ourselves, and hope shines brightest when it illuminates the dark.Sasha Graham
- What are the worst character traits a person can have?
- When is a time you have demonstrated these traits?
- Who do you envy? Why? How might you be able to work towards gaining the things they have that you feel jealousy towards?
- What person has hurt you the most in your life? Write them a letter telling them everything you’d like to say.
- What most frightens you? How might you be able to expose yourself to that fear in a safe way?
- When have you been self-sabotaging or destructive in your life?
- Examine how you were feeling at the time and what triggered your behavior.
- What patterns or cycles have you been repeating that hold you back from seeing your shadow?
Awareness and acceptance of our faults and limitations, forgiving ourselves and others and letting go of the pain we’re holding onto to live a more peaceful life.
Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you incorporate the 8 Shadow Work Journaling Promptslearning into your daily practice. If unsure where to start, schedule a free therapy consultation. We will work together to discover your strengths and needs. In the meantime, the self-work can begin now with the journal prompts I shared above. Stay safe and take care of yourself.
With Intention, Sarafina